Aggghh! I’m walking funny and can’t sit down from yesterday’s glute workout. Just as I recover, it’s leg day again.
1) One Leg Squat on Smith Machine – 4 sets of 15 reps each. I started at 50 lbs and my last set was at 65 lbs. Here’s a good clip for demonstration (despite this woman’s voice being so terribly grating): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlTojfaAXBo
2) Box Jump (using a TALL box) – 3 sets of 10 reps each. Here’s a good clip for demonstration: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxldG9FX4j4
1) Leg Press: 3 sets of 30 reps. I take a mini-break in between each set on the 15th rep and change my stance on the platform. I start with a wide stance, then on the last 15 reps I move my feet close together. Always placing my feet high on the platform so my knees don’t bend over my toes. Here’s my idol Amanda Latona demonstrating: http://youtu.be/-F_jpkj4tOA?t=2m30s
2) Bosu Ball Squat (holding 25 lb plate): 3 sets of 15 reps each. Don’t hold a weight if you’re just beginning. Use this exercise for core & stability with no weight at all! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tpdgI1RZig
1) Hip Abductor: 3 sets of 20 reps each. Heavy weight, lifting tush 2″ off of the seat and leaning forward and I push out with my hips. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2b97cvyH9sE
2) Walking Lunges (with 50 lb barbell): 3 sets of 24 steps. I step really wide and lift through my heel, squeezing my booty as I stand upright. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNV-kzCDWfg
1) Back Hyperextensions: 3 sets of 20 reps holding 20 lb plate. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtjJUWCnDyE