Ok, so I’m sitting here eating my 1/2 cup of plain oatmeal with 1 tablespoon of plain organic peanut butter, contemplating what’s on my plate for today. Here’s what I want to do:
- Paint my nails while watching Six Feet Under
- Take a nap
- Watch another episode of Six Feet Under
- Clean up a little (aka hide my dirty clothes from my clean, neat boyfriend)
Here is what I am going to do:
- Go on a hike with my Little Bear (my dog) in Topanga
- Come home & actually hang up my clothes and do laundry
- Prep my meal plan for the week & do some food prep
- Hit the gym – it’s Lats and Shoulders day, baby!
Only after I get my shit done will I relax and paint my nails and spend some time vegging out in front of the TV. Here’s the deal: I feel better, both mentally and physically, after a productive Sunday that includes exercise and preparing for the week ahead. However, until I get started, my brain tells me that staying in bed and being selfish and slothful is a short cut to self-gratification. I’ve given into that temptation for so many Sundays I can say truthfully that I know better.
My intention for this week is as follows:
- Lift 6 days
- Do 4-5 cardio sessions, no longer than 30 minutes each
- Eat only 1-2 meals at a restaurant – the rest must be home-cooked & clean!
- Spend at least 20 minutes each day praying and meditating and getting quiet with my mind
- Sleep at least 7 hours each night
- Drink at least 3 liters of water each day
- Go ‘live’ with my blog.
The last one is a big deal. All 17 posts on this site have been published without the worry or care of being subject to scrutinizing or critical readers. I’ve been sloppy with grammar and most of my writing is just free-flow stream of consciousness babble. I’m scared of being judged for my goal to compete in a bikini competition. That’s not OK with me anymore. I’m going to share my thoughts and my struggles and my recipes and workouts with my friends and see what happens. Hopefully it will inspire and motivate someone to go after something they’ve been shying away from.