That’s right! Today I focused on my shoulders. I discovered a couple specific trouble spots after reviewing my “now” pictures I took a few evenings ago. Aside from the never-ending glute saga, I’ve got to start rounding out and building up my shoulders a bit and narrowing and tapering at the waist. I already have a pretty small waist and I think that will improve drastically just with clean eating alone (although I do train abs a couple times a week). However, I have a hard time working out my shoulders specifically because my traps always seem to get engaged and they build faster. I do NOT want big gross traps. Yikes.
Here was my workout:
- Barbell Incline Bench Press: Did 4 sets of 12 reps. First two reps were only with the 45 lb bar; I went up to 50 lbs for the last 2 reps
- 45-Degree Overhead Barbell Thrust: Did 3 sets of 15 reps (each arm). I started at 45 lbs, 2nd rep I did 47.5 lbs and the last rep was at 50 lbs (I did 30 mountain climbers in between each set)
- Seated Dumbbell Press: 3 sets, 12 reps @ 17.5 lbs. (did 20 reps of incline crunches in between each set)
- One-Arm Lateral Raise: 2 sets, 15 reps @ 8 lbs. Last set was 15 reps @ 10 lbs.
- Face Pull: 1 warm-up set of 15 reps @ 30 lbs & 2 sets of 15 reps @ 40 lbs